“ICMM links maritime museums worldwide, providing resources and communication opportunities for museum professionals”
The 17th Biennial ICMM Congress concluded in Hong Kong on Friday, 6th November
Steve White, President, Mystic Seaport, USA, was elected ICMM President at the Hong Kong ICMM General Assembly
After the General Assembly held on Friday, 6th November, the newly elected Executive Council met for the first time. Sally Archer, from Royal Museums Greenwich, UK, was appointed ICMM Secretary General. Marika Hedin, from Gustavianum Museum, Uppsala, Sweden, was appointed Vice President and Frits Loomeijer, Rotterdam Maritime Museum, the Netherlands, will continue to act as interim Hon. Treasurer. Chris Dobbs, Mary Rose Museum, UK; Zefeng You, Institute of Ancient Chinese Ships, Ningbo, China; and Hanna Hagmark-Cooper, from Aland Maritime Museum, Mariehamn, Aland Islands, were co-opted to the ICMM Executive Council.
The reports of outgoing President, Kevin Fewster, Royal Museums Greenwich, UK; Secretary General Henk Dessens and the website and editorial committee can be read here.
Papers presented at ICMM's first Asian Congress in Hong Kong, and a gallery of Congress pictures will be published as soon as they are collated.
2017 ICMM CONGRESS: Chile's National Maritime Museum in Valparaiso will host the 18th ICMM Congress from 15-20 October 2017. More details will be published as Congress planning proceeds.
TO ALL ICMM members: The photographic 'carousel' above this Notebook can show 20 pictures. If your museum has a photograph you would like considered for the 'carousel', email it with a brief description to the Webmaster
- Maritime Heritage Grants awarded to members of the Council of American Maritime Museums (CAMM)
- Mystic Seaport Receives Major Grant for restoration of 1908 Steamboat Sabino
- National Maritime Museum Cornwall acknowledges volunteer service
- Mystic Seaport Maritime Gallery – Launches 36th Annual Spring Art Exhibition and Sale
- Museum Gustavianum and the Department of Archaeology, Upsala University, Sweden, research pre-Viking and Viking boat grave culture